Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Imperial Hohenzollern Synthesizer Circa `01

--Alright, circa 2001.
    --I started work on this after the 11th to keep my mind occupied. A couple of chunks of Honduran Mahogany (yes, I've helped kill the eco-system in my own little way), a handheld synth that I never used and a month or two of work-after-work.
    --I figured a few of you would get a kick out of the engraving or I wouldn't bother you guys here...
    --Next project is a Koa and Rosewood Lapsteel guitar, possibly with a Mahogany 1870 EK1 inlay. I don't know, any other ideas for the inlay?

Bill,
    That is a beautiful piece of work! I too, like to dabble with wood but, I could never do the nice, exact, precise cuts and assemblies you do. Your engraving of the imperial eagle is VERY nice indeed. You have a steady hand and eye. If we were into construction full time I would be a frame builder and you would be the finish detail builder. Here are some of my pieces. I bought the plans in a woodworking magazine and built these out of 2 by 10 pine boards and then I stained them as per the wifes orders. If I cut too deep, no problem, just get the belt sander and smooth it out. They're nothing as nice as yours but it was wonder therapy from whatever.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
    X